Friday, September 28, 2012

Lunch and hosts' home



So there are car taxis, they’re just all smart cars, and not very many of them. Also, everyone on a motorcycle here wears a helmet. I don’t know if it’s a law or if it’s just because it’s seriously too dangerous to go without one. But everyone does wear one.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the inside of the home of the hosts I’m staying with. I was renting a room from them for this first week, and I just moved side (but attached) apartment. My internet connection works better there and I’ll be able to be up and working at night without disturbing them like I do now. Anyway, the house is very open. There are windows that close, but in the middle of the first floor, the ceiling is open to the outside. The pool in the middle was full the first day I arrived from rain water. It hasn’t been full since, but I thought it was an indoor pond or pool. No such thing, it just collects rain water. During the day though, all of the windows are open to the air and we keep the bedroom doors closed to keep out mosquitoes. At night they close and lock everything up. Their home is gated as well, so it’s very safe, and my room has its own lock as well.
 
 

 This is a picture of what I’ve been eating for lunch for the past few days. It doesn’t always come wrapped in paper and a leaf, but these ones do because they are “lunch packets.” While perhaps not appetizing to look at by American standards, they are absolutely delicious. This one is with egg, but I’ve also had chicken ones. I do have a hard time not looking around for a fork every time one is put in front of me. 
 
Also, here is a picture of the two rows of necklaces from the office I think I mentioned previously. 
 


This weekend I’m off to do some sight seeing in a different part of the country, so I’ll hopefully have some great pictures for you all next week when I get back!





No comments:

Post a Comment