Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Nearing the end of my second long trip on the ships


On this trip we actually saw whales a couple of times. They even breached! Although I didn't get any pictures of that, just backs and spouts for me. We saw dolphins once too, but we were in the middle of working and didn't really take time to stop and watch them.




I got to see a couple of really nice sunsets as well. Usually a haze blocked the sun as it hit the water, but one night it didn't and I got quite a few pictures like this one. though it looks a little pixelated / painted when I uploaded it.




All in all, a good trip. I'll be spending a couple of days doing some data stuff on land (that's what happens when they learn you know how to use a computer apparently). Then it's back to Massachusetts for probably about a week before heading back down again!

No comments:

Post a Comment