Monday, June 21, 2010

Delays...

My first flight down and already I've been delayed and moved to another gate. At least it's sunny in Baltimore!

So about my first assignment... After reading more about the next couple of weeks, I'll be spending a couple of days in Houma, LA (about an hour south of New Orleans) doing orientation stuff. Then I'll be spending a week on a research vessel doing water sampling and quality testing. I'm very excited for it! The week after that I'm not sure sure of what I'll be doign down there, but I'm not scheduled to be back in New England until July 5th.

Southwest is interesting... it's not just grouped seating, they have you line up by number like you're in kindergarten to get on. while childish, it is nice as people no longer seem to fight their way through to try to get the best seat.

I also had to buy steel-toed shoes. I've never owned steel toed shoes before. In the men's section, everything is a boot. When you look at women's though (online at least) they suddenly have sneakers with steel toes! Could not find them at shoe stores anywhere though after going to and calling several places and was starting to get a little worried about it. Luckily I finally found a shop (Bob's Stores) that had them, even had the sneakers, so that initial crisis was averted.

Going to run out of internet soon... until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck with your new job and your blog.

    -------------------------
    P.S.: Nice color scheme... and I like Georgia for body text too.

    ReplyDelete