Friday, October 19, 2012

Zoo in Sri Lanka & Farewell Rains

Well, this was my last week in Sri Lanka. Earlier I had gone to the zoo, where they had some unusual creatures, and especially many species of monkeys and birds. Below are a few pictures including an ostrich, giraffes, miniature deer and kudu.









I also was caught in monsoon rains! I haven't seen that much water flood streets, and then disappear again so quickly. They streets are made to drain, or else they'd always be flooded in the monsoon season, but it rained so fast the water couldn't drain in time.



My final meal in Sri Lanka was a specialty of the country - string hoppers! They're small rounds of rice noodles served with curry, in this case chicken curry. The bowl shaped thing is more of a flour based food, so it tasted more like a dumpling.



So ends my Sri Lankan adventure! Next I'll be off to Thailand for just vacation with a friend, so I may not be able to post as often, but I will definitely share pictures and stories when I return to the US!

No comments:

Post a Comment