Friday, March 2, 2012

Extra hotel nights...

At least I got a yummy meal out of it!

I was in Detroit for a work meeting this week, even bought a later/cheaper flight with a layover so that I could make sure I was there late enough to ship a package after the meeting. And instead my flight (not the earlier ones) gets delayed and I'll miss my connection. I couldn't get out Wednesday night, so I had to stay in a hotel by the airport. Not at all my idea of fun. And just as I had settled to read before bed, the fire alarm went off (I hadn't even gotten through a whole page!). So back went on the winter clothing, got my computer and other essentials, got downstairs and started to open the door... and the hotel staff are walking down the hallways telling everyone it's fine, false alarm and they can go back to their rooms. >sigh< At least the food was really good (chicken wing appetizer and cheese tortellini with a ham and white wine cream sauce and a side Caesar salad) and I slept like a rock once I was asleep.

Either way, eventually made it back to Boston, went straight to work, and have been tired and busy ever since...

No comments:

Post a Comment