Thursday, November 11, 2010

San Francisco…

Didn’t leave my heart there, but I do like San Francisco. Come on, it’s the home of Ghirardelli!!!

IMG_3139

 

When Mindy and I first arrived, we stayed with a STeLA friend of mine for the evening in San Francisco at UCSF (Yay Mari!) and the next morning met up with Ashley to have breakfast and do a little shopping in the city! Then Mindy and I made our way over to the piers and stumbled upon a couple of pretty awesome ships: 

IMG_3127

 

Then we wandered our way down to Fisherman’s Wharf, though we missed Pier 39 somehow. Walked up to the Ghirardelli shop and walked back along the water for a bit. We got to see some great views of Alcatraz too.

IMG_3142

 

Then we took our drive on up to the Golden Gate bridge and did our touristy pictures there!

IMG_3160

(No that’s not my purse I borrowed it from Mindy…)

 

For dinner I met up with a bunch of the Palo Alto STeLA folks who are working on the Forum for 2011. It was nice to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones! Eventually we found Helen (who was still at work) and rode the bikes at Google!

IMG_3176

IMG_3179

 

The next day Mindy returned to LA and I got some work done during the day and had lunch with some more STeLA folks. But that night for dinner we went to Absinthe for Helen’s birthday! which was slightly pricey but UTTERLY DELICIOUS. I had one of the top five steaks I think I’ve ever had in my life: soft and moist with a little bit of garlic butter on top and seasoned with pepper. And there was a dark chocolate mousse dessert that I wished I could’ve taken home with me and eaten every day. We also split a pumpkin custard dish that was also spectacular, but it just doesn’t compare to chocolate. Three of our group of six had an Alaskan Halibut dish with apparently a delicious sauce and mussels and shrimp and other sorts of seafood and continuously raved about that as well. One person had a rabbit stew, that was also apparently delicious. =)

IMG_3182

 

That’s all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment